The pupils of 6th form Social and Technical Sciences of the College ten Doorn in Eeklo (Belgium) spent four weeks in January working on their own school heritage. They transformed a few recipes from an old school cookbook into six delicious appetizers. Among them, these blood sausages in Norman style.
You find the recipe below.
Ingredients (for 25 bites)
- 3 blood sausages (or a veggie alternative)
- 1 pack gingerbread
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons fine caster sugar
- 25 g butter
- Make circles or squares of the gingerbread, a little larger than the blood sausage slices.
- Cut the blood sausage into slices 1 cm thick.
- Fry the blood sausage slices.
- Cut the apple into thick slices.
- Fry the slices until golden brown with some butter and sugar.
- Remove the skin from the blood sausage after frying.
- Place the blood sausage on the gingerbread and put a piece of apple on it.